Paradox has developed LX-96, a specialized monoclonal antibody designed for the potential treatment of late-stage immunoglobulin light chain (AL) amyloidosis.
LX-96 aims to specifically target and clear the diseased form of immunoglobulin light chains that aggregate and deposit in organs, while leaving healthy light chain proteins in the body untouched.
Quick Facts: AL amyloidosis
- Most common type of amyloidosis in the USA
- Prevalence: 30,000-45,000 patients in the USA and EU
- Incidence: 4,000-4,500 patients
- Disease mechanism: Light chain proteins are overproduced, misfold, and accumulate as toxic deposits in organs such as the heart, kidney, and liver.
- Results in fatal multi-organ failure: heart, kidney, liver